- Brewers come up short in loss to Cardinals 9:28pm
- Team Gasser victorious in Wisconsin's spring football game 5:49pm Apr 24
- 2 teens found in sex trafficking bust 1:05pm
- Walker's group to pay for political travel 1:04pm
- Sheboygan Co. man charged in child's death 1:03pm
- Prof: 'Status quo' for TWC customers 1:02pm
Fri, March 15, 2013
National Bike Challenge
...go there and sign up to be a part of a summer-long challenge to better fitness for yourself and perhaps a #1 ranking for Appleton in the process.
After doing an interview about this with the head of the Fox Cities Cycling Association this week on the PhilCast I myself have signed up and downloaded the free app on my phone to use while I ride. In a little eight-mile test ride yesterday I found the app to be pretty amazing. It gives you all the stats you need from your ride and automatically posts that info to the web site that tracks all this, totaling your miles and awarding you points.
Using this system in last year's challenge Appleton came in second place for total miles out of the 650 metro areas throughout the country participating. Rock solid, but it's time to bump us up to #1!
The season runs May through September, but you can sign up now and take part in the 'warm-up' phase of the program.
I'll be using the app to update my page throughout the riding season.
CLICK HERE to see that.
And as per usual I also keep a riding blog during the season, which is more about the written word of my experiences while riding than it is about stats.
CLICK HERE to see that.
But most of all, do yourself a favor and ride this summer....and maybe along the way, working together, we can get Appleton up there to #1.
- Bucks down Bulls in Game 4 on Bayless GW 7:49pm Apr 24
- Brewers Shut Out Again, fall to 3-14 10:32pm
- No. 9 Kimberly blanks No. 10 Hortonville 10-0 (AUDIO) 9:40am
- High School Sports Schedule for Friday, April 24th 9:32am
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, April 23rd 7:17am Apr 23
- Bucks come up short; Bulls take game three 9:49pm
I'll discuss on the show.... The bacon-wrapped, deep-fried Oreo...It's a thing. Question is, would you eat it? At least try…
posted by Philcast 5 days ago
"Dishwasher Safe" usually refers to dishes that can go into your dishwasher. In this case, I have a list of…
posted by Philcast 6 days ago