Wed, June 4, 2014
Mr. Doty Island wanted what?
So this is the guy who has an island named after him in Neenah.
Meet James Doty.
I bring him up on the show today because as it turns out he wanted our beloved state of Wisconsin to be spelled very differently than it is now.
And I bring THAT up because of a new segment on the PhilCast that will open the Wednesday show.
It's something called, "The Name Game", when I give you a list of my wife's latest pet peeve; Goofy spellings of names or just goofy names outright.
See the how it all goes together with Doty here now?
He had some bizarre French spelling of Wisconsin that he was obsessed with.
- High School Sports Schedule: Monday, September 22nd 8:45am
- Quesnell, Smith win Fox Cities Marathon 7:26am
- High School Sports Scores: Friday, September 19th & Saturday, September 20th 6:45am Sep 21
- Packers Offense Struggles lose to Detroit 19-7 4:38pm
- Pirates beat the Brewers 3:38pm Sep 20
- Brewers down Pirates in Pitcher's Duel 1-0 9:00pm
The Woodward Radio/United Way car wash is coming up this Wednesday at the Woodward Radio Ranch! 9a-5p--swing in to our…
posted by Daves Blog 1 day ago
Samantha Schroth of Greenville suffered a paralyzing injury in a freak accident while at a cottage in northwestern Minnesota…
posted by Assignment Fox Cities Blog 7 days ago