- G.B. captain accepts Appleton chief position 1:05pm
- Agreement reached on Kimberly project 1:04pm
- DNR changing deer registration next year 1:03pm
- Police ask hunters to watch for missing man 1:02pm
- Sen. Johnson reacts to Obama immigration action 1:01pm
- Cost of Thanksgiving dinner slighlty higher 1:00pm
Barclay likely done for the year
Injuries have been an all too familiar part of training camp over the years for the Green Bay Packers. For the first week and a half of 2014, things have been going well in that category. Tuesday, that all changed with a loss on the offensive line.
Utility lineman Don Barclay reportedly tore his ACL and will be out for the season. Barclay has played virtually every position on the offensive line in his first two seasons and appeared to be the backup at every spot this year except center.
Head Coach Mike McCarthy was right behind Barclay when he went down.
“I was standing right behind (him),” McCarthy explained. “He got himself in a bad position.”
The loss is the second ACL injury of training camp. Rookie WR Jared Abbrederis was lost last week.
Even though he wasn’t slated to be a starter in 2014, Barclay’s loss will be felt.
“He has a ton of value to this line,” said left guard Josh Sitton. “Typically, you don’t get a sixth guy that can play that many positions and has that much experience.”
Barclay’s injury will open the door for former first round pick Derek Sherrod. Sherrod suffered a broken leg late in his rookie season in 2011; an injury that caused him to miss most of the last two seasons.
“(He) has looked well,” Sitton said. “Especially, the past four or five days are the best I’ve ever seen him.”
The Packers will practice Wednesday morning at 11:45 before taking Thursday and Friday off. The preseason opens Saturday night in Tennessee.
posted : August, 6th by WSCO
- Packers Nip Vikings in Minnesota 3:53pm Nov 22
- No. 3 Badgers too much for Boise St. 11:52pm
- Badgers knock off the Hawkeyes 6:28pm
- Marquette suffers loss to Nebraska-Omaha 3:43pm Nov 20
- Little Chute falls in division 4 state football championship 9:33pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursday, November 20th 8:03am
Yes, it's a rare SATURDAY blog posting here from me. I'm up early on a Saturday in late November, and…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
Friday, Dec. 12th PhilCast show. LIVE from the Outer Edge Stage in Appleton. 303 Oneida St. No reservations. No tickets…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago