Wisconsin golfers solid at PGA Championship
While all of the attention was given to the top of the leaderboard Sunday at the PGA Championship, a couple of Wisconsin golfers had strong showings.
Edgerton’s Steve Stricker came up short in his quest for his first Major, once again. Stricker entered the final round 8-under for the tournament, 5-shots off the lead. He finished at 11-under, tied for 7th place, and 5-shots off the lead.
Madison’s Jerry Kelly also had a strong showing. He finished up with a 4-under, 67 to finish 6-under for the tournament. Kelly was playing in only his 2nd Major in the last 3-years.
The underdog story of Ryan Helmenin came to end Friday. The Teaching Pro at Ridgeway Country Club in Neenah just missed the cut-line. He finished his first two days 2-over par, 1-over was the cut.
Northern Ireland’s Rory McIlroy won the title, his 2nd PGA Championship win and 4th overall Major. McIlroy was 16-under for the tournament. Phil Mickelson was 2nd, one shot back.
Next year's PGA Championship returns to Wisconsin at Whistling Straits in Kohler.
posted : August, 11th by WSCO
- Knight, Bucks put away Pistons 9:13pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Tuesday, November 25th 8:47am
- High School Sports Scores: Monday, November 24th 6:44am Nov 24
- Marquette squeaks by NJIT 10:43pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Monday, November 24th 7:25am
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, November 20th through Saturday, November 22nd 5:50am
So there it is.... The Christmas tree the city put up in Reading, PA that residents think is so ugly…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago