Garza Hurt, Brewers Bullpen Can't Hold lead, Fall to Cards!
It was a rough day for the Milwaukee Brewers on Sunday at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. It looked great after six innings, the Brewers lead 2-0 and Matt Garza was cruising, allowing only 1 hit through 6 innings and no runs allowed but on his second to last pitch Garza strained his oblique and with him out, the Cardinals jumped on the Brewers bullpen. They had 5 hits and scored all 3 runs in the 7th inning, that was enough as they held off the Brewers 3-2. Mark Reynolds hit his team high 19th home run on his 31st birthday for the Brewers. If the Brewers could have hung on for the win, they would have had a 3 game lead over St. Louis but instead that lead is now only 1. The Brewers will have the day off on Monday before beginning a 3 game series at Miller Park against the San Francisco Giants. With the loss, the Brewers are now 61-51 on the season. News Talk 1150-WHBY will carry Tuesday's game with pre-game show at 6:35pm and first pitch at 7:10pm.
posted : August, 3rd by WHBY
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursay, October 30th 5:50am Oct 29
- Bucks stung by Hornets in OT of season opener 9:04pm Oct 27
- High School Sports Schedule: Monday, October 27th 9:35am
- High School Sports Scores: Friday, October 24th & Saturday, October 25th 7:26am
- Week 8 NFL Scoreboard 5:19am Oct 26
- Packers 4 game winning streak ends in New Orleans! 11:16pm
Happy Halloween Weekend... Since I have the day off Friday to freeze while handing out candy to kids, the Thursday…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
Coming up on the Wednesday PhilCast show.... We'll play the "Yes or BS" game in the first hour. One lucky…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago