Garza Hurt, Brewers Bullpen Can't Hold lead, Fall to Cards!
It was a rough day for the Milwaukee Brewers on Sunday at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. It looked great after six innings, the Brewers lead 2-0 and Matt Garza was cruising, allowing only 1 hit through 6 innings and no runs allowed but on his second to last pitch Garza strained his oblique and with him out, the Cardinals jumped on the Brewers bullpen. They had 5 hits and scored all 3 runs in the 7th inning, that was enough as they held off the Brewers 3-2. Mark Reynolds hit his team high 19th home run on his 31st birthday for the Brewers. If the Brewers could have hung on for the win, they would have had a 3 game lead over St. Louis but instead that lead is now only 1. The Brewers will have the day off on Monday before beginning a 3 game series at Miller Park against the San Francisco Giants. With the loss, the Brewers are now 61-51 on the season. News Talk 1150-WHBY will carry Tuesday's game with pre-game show at 6:35pm and first pitch at 7:10pm.
posted : August, 3rd by WHBY
- Knight, Bucks put away Pistons 9:13pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Tuesday, November 25th 8:47am
- High School Sports Scores: Monday, November 24th 6:44am Nov 24
- Marquette squeaks by NJIT 10:43pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Monday, November 24th 7:25am
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, November 20th through Saturday, November 22nd 5:50am
So there it is.... The Christmas tree the city put up in Reading, PA that residents think is so ugly…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago