Mon, January 27, 2014
Signs You Need More Sleep
If eight hours of sleep a night is nothing more than a dream, you may be sufferng from a sleep deficit.
Five signs you need more sleep, according to Prevention magazine:
1. Simple decisions stump you.
You have trouble making the simplest decisions - such as what to make for dinner or which TV show to watch.
2. You're still hungry after eating all day.
When you don't get enough sleep, your body physicaly rebels. Blood sugar levels can be disrupted, which also causes a disruption in two appetite-controlling hormones: leptin, a hormone that curbs your appetite is decreaed, while ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite, is increased. Your body is seeking a quick pick-me-up so you will crave foods made of simpe carbohydrates and sugars.
3. You keep coming down with colds.
People who are not sleeping enough are more vulnerable to infections and have a weaker immune system than those who are well rested.
4. Weird things make you cry.
If a song on your iPod or a TV commercial can bring you to tears, it's probably not PMS. Too little sleep can leave you emotionally volatile and unable to temper your emotions.
5. You've become a klutz.
Drop things? Trip much? There is scientific evidence that those who are sleep deprived have slower and less precise motor skills, because beng sleepy throws off your balance and depth perception.
- High School Sports Schedule: Wednesday, October 1st 10:15am
- High School Sports Scores: Tuesday, September 30th 5:58am Sep 30
- High School Sports Schdule: Tuesday, September 30th 9:43am
- High School Sports Scores: Monday, September 29th 6:26am Sep 29
- High School Sports Scheudle: Monday, September 29th 8:38am
- High School Sports Scores: Weekend, September 26th & 27th 5:51am
Think pink. October is here and although I think most of us are indeed already aware of breast cancer, almost…
posted by Philcast 6 hours ago
I don't get it. So this couple sits through really poor service and rewards the server with a $100.00 tip…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago