Mon, January 27, 2014
Signs You Need More Sleep
If eight hours of sleep a night is nothing more than a dream, you may be sufferng from a sleep deficit.
Five signs you need more sleep, according to Prevention magazine:
1. Simple decisions stump you.
You have trouble making the simplest decisions - such as what to make for dinner or which TV show to watch.
2. You're still hungry after eating all day.
When you don't get enough sleep, your body physicaly rebels. Blood sugar levels can be disrupted, which also causes a disruption in two appetite-controlling hormones: leptin, a hormone that curbs your appetite is decreaed, while ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite, is increased. Your body is seeking a quick pick-me-up so you will crave foods made of simpe carbohydrates and sugars.
3. You keep coming down with colds.
People who are not sleeping enough are more vulnerable to infections and have a weaker immune system than those who are well rested.
4. Weird things make you cry.
If a song on your iPod or a TV commercial can bring you to tears, it's probably not PMS. Too little sleep can leave you emotionally volatile and unable to temper your emotions.
5. You've become a klutz.
Drop things? Trip much? There is scientific evidence that those who are sleep deprived have slower and less precise motor skills, because beng sleepy throws off your balance and depth perception.
- High School Sports Schedule for Tuesday, February 9th 6:58am
- High School Sports Scores: Monday, February 8th 6:45am Feb 08
- Favre elected to Hall of Fame 6:59am Feb 06
- #5 Xavier Too Much For Marquette 1:48pm Feb 05
- Bucks Lose Heartbreaker in Utah 11:56pm
- High School Sports Schedule for Friday, February 5th 9:21am
It's Weigh-In Wednesday Week Five, and if you go into the Tub Club we now have a special sound effect…
posted by Philcast 11 hours ago
It's the doughnut of the day on Fat Tuesday, but most people do not even come close to properly pronouncing…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago