Mon, January 27, 2014
Signs You Need More Sleep
If eight hours of sleep a night is nothing more than a dream, you may be sufferng from a sleep deficit.
Five signs you need more sleep, according to Prevention magazine:
1. Simple decisions stump you.
You have trouble making the simplest decisions - such as what to make for dinner or which TV show to watch.
2. You're still hungry after eating all day.
When you don't get enough sleep, your body physicaly rebels. Blood sugar levels can be disrupted, which also causes a disruption in two appetite-controlling hormones: leptin, a hormone that curbs your appetite is decreaed, while ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates your appetite, is increased. Your body is seeking a quick pick-me-up so you will crave foods made of simpe carbohydrates and sugars.
3. You keep coming down with colds.
People who are not sleeping enough are more vulnerable to infections and have a weaker immune system than those who are well rested.
4. Weird things make you cry.
If a song on your iPod or a TV commercial can bring you to tears, it's probably not PMS. Too little sleep can leave you emotionally volatile and unable to temper your emotions.
5. You've become a klutz.
Drop things? Trip much? There is scientific evidence that those who are sleep deprived have slower and less precise motor skills, because beng sleepy throws off your balance and depth perception.
- Packers beat the Raiders 10:50pm
- Brewers blunders help Bucs beat Crew 10:49pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Friday, August 21st & Saturday, August 22nd 9:51am
- Brewers host Pittsburgh - Preview 7:33am
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, August 21st 4:47am Aug 21
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursday, August 21st 11:43am
I did...in a long, cold pour! Yep, did the Ice Bucket Challenge just moments ago at Sturdevant & Associates in…
posted by Daves Blog 1 day ago
There were wieners everywhere, and quite FRANKly, I was RELISHing every moment last night at the Red Ox Seafood and…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago