Mon, November 26, 2012
We need a new name for today
It's "Cyber Monday". I said it last year and I will say it again this year while we still have a Cyber Monday...the term is outdated and we need a new name for this day.
Better yet, just dump it.
It makes no sense.
Cyber Monday was born back in the days when not everyone had a computer in their homes, let alone computers in their hands posing as cell phones.
Back then you had to wait until Monday to use the company's computer to shop instead of work.
It's ridiculous to call it Cyber Monday now based on those origins.
And in fact, I have a story today about how this post-Thanksgiving Monday is going to soon be surpassed by another even bigger on-line shopping day. We'll discuss.
Oh yeah, Pack Yak and that excuse for a football game to go over in the first hour of the PhilCast today with Rich Ratay.
I know it was bad.
I know it was ugly.
I know it will be difficult to narrow this down to just one thing that really bothered you from last night. But I have one thing that really got under my skin. You'll be surprised at what it is too.
- High School Sports Scores: Tuesday, December 16th 5:46am Dec 16
- A Very Impressive Debut for Marquette's Luke Fischer 10:51pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Tuesday, December 16th 8:59am
- High School Sports Scores: Monday, December 15th 5:43am Dec 15
- Bucks steal win at buzzer in Phoenix 11:28pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Monday, December 15th 9:54am
Do the terrorists win if they don't show this movie? Do the terrorists win if you don't go see this…
posted by Philcast 15 hours ago
The picture of the standing ovation from the packed house says it all. It was a standing ovation kind of…
posted by Philcast 4 days ago