Mon, November 26, 2012
We need a new name for today
It's "Cyber Monday". I said it last year and I will say it again this year while we still have a Cyber Monday...the term is outdated and we need a new name for this day.
Better yet, just dump it.
It makes no sense.
Cyber Monday was born back in the days when not everyone had a computer in their homes, let alone computers in their hands posing as cell phones.
Back then you had to wait until Monday to use the company's computer to shop instead of work.
It's ridiculous to call it Cyber Monday now based on those origins.
And in fact, I have a story today about how this post-Thanksgiving Monday is going to soon be surpassed by another even bigger on-line shopping day. We'll discuss.
Oh yeah, Pack Yak and that excuse for a football game to go over in the first hour of the PhilCast today with Rich Ratay.
I know it was bad.
I know it was ugly.
I know it will be difficult to narrow this down to just one thing that really bothered you from last night. But I have one thing that really got under my skin. You'll be surprised at what it is too.
- High School Sports Scores: Tuesday, March 3rd 5:50am Mar 03
- Nuggets hand Bucks third straight loss 10:25pm
- High School Sports Scores for Tuesday, March 3rd 8:53pm
- High School Sports Schedule for Tuesday, March 3rd 6:14am Mar 02
- Individual State Wrestling Recap (AUDIO) 7:42am Mar 01
- Badgers Clinch Share of Big Ten Title on Senior Day 6:25pm
Do you see it? Here is the portrait of Bill Clinton that the painter says includes his personal dig, a…
posted by Philcast 1 day ago
When I talk to Erin Davisson today we'll have to chat about a TV we both watch, Fashion Police, and…
posted by Philcast 2 days ago