- Rain records nearly fall on Thanksgiving 1:05pm
- Local stores ready for Small Business Saturday 1:04pm
- Lawmaker wants ignition interlock for 1st OWI 1:03pm
- The Draw opening in Appleton flats 1:02pm
- Study calls for trainers on football sidelines 1:01pm
- Thanksgiving night deals impact Black Friday 5:05am
Thu, October 11, 2012
PhilCast 1st Anniversary
...and they said it wouldn't last. Wait, who said that?
The PhilCast celebrates its first anniversary today with WHBY. The actual show turns three years old on Monday, October 15th. I remember recording the first show on that date in 2009 because it is also Mrs. Biggest Name's birthday. By doing it that way I was always sure to remember when this whole PhilCast concept took flight.
My first guests on that initial PhilCast back in 2009 were my brothers in broadcasting, Dick Alpert (who still drops in on the show once in a while) and Lips LaBelle, who still joins me every Thursday for his Hollywood news and gossip segment. Hard to find two more quality guys. All three of us had at one time worked under the same radio roof for a long time before being 'let go', a term I have to this day never understood.
That's Alpert back on Oct. 15, 2009, the debut PhilCast show from my basement studio.
Note the makeshift piece of lumber we used because at the time we didn't even have enough microphone stands for three people.
The PhilCast Family was born on that day, made up of a base of fans that had followed and supported me from the airwaves to the podcast world and now of course, back to the airwaves thanks to Woodward Radio.
And there's Lips helping to decorate the first PhilCast studio Christmas tree that first year.
We even recorded a special "Andy Williams-esque" Christmas show that year.
Now the PhilCast has added a whole new group of radio listeners to the family from throughout the Fox Valley.
I've been blessed to have some incredibly talented people placed around me as well, starting with PhilCast Executive Producer Reggie, who 'brings it' each and every day.
Most importantly on this anniversary day I want to thank each and every one of you who make the PhilCast a part of your day. Your support and loyalty means the world to me.
Happy Anniversary To Us!
- Bears knock off the Packers on Thanksgiving 12:41am Nov 25
- Balanced Scoring Leads Wisconsin Past Prairie View A&M 9:48pm Nov 24
- Marquette tops ASU in OT 9:49pm Nov 23
- Bucks top the Pistons 9:40pm Nov 22
- Badgers Take Down VCU in New York 10:19pm
- Packers Snap 3 Game Losing Streak in Impressive Fashion 8:18pm
Wishing you and yours as happy a Thanksgiving as that turkey is having in the picture. Associate producer "Z-Bart" will…
posted by Philcast 3 days ago
It's that time again.... The Tuesday PhilCast will be a celebration of all things that are my favorite holiday of…
posted by Philcast 4 days ago