Wed, June 4, 2014
Mr. Doty Island wanted what?
So this is the guy who has an island named after him in Neenah.
Meet James Doty.
I bring him up on the show today because as it turns out he wanted our beloved state of Wisconsin to be spelled very differently than it is now.
And I bring THAT up because of a new segment on the PhilCast that will open the Wednesday show.
It's something called, "The Name Game", when I give you a list of my wife's latest pet peeve; Goofy spellings of names or just goofy names outright.
See the how it all goes together with Doty here now?
He had some bizarre French spelling of Wisconsin that he was obsessed with.
- FVL third after day one of state golf tournament 4:09am Oct 11
- Packers Defense Shuts Down the Rams, Pack now 5-0 4:44pm Oct 10
- Badgers top the Cornhuskers 6:57pm Oct 09
- High School Football Scores: October 9, 2015 9:39pm
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, October 8th 7:10am
- Area high school football schedule - Friday, October 9th 6:28am
Now this is a beer fridge. How about 32 dream Man Cave Items? I am down! Check them out in…
posted by Justin Hull 4 hours ago
On the Tuesday PhilCast we'll be talking to the man behind tonight's PBS hour-long special, "Mary Tyler Moore, a Celebration".…
posted by Philcast 10 hours ago