Wed, June 4, 2014
Mr. Doty Island wanted what?
So this is the guy who has an island named after him in Neenah.
Meet James Doty.
I bring him up on the show today because as it turns out he wanted our beloved state of Wisconsin to be spelled very differently than it is now.
And I bring THAT up because of a new segment on the PhilCast that will open the Wednesday show.
It's something called, "The Name Game", when I give you a list of my wife's latest pet peeve; Goofy spellings of names or just goofy names outright.
See the how it all goes together with Doty here now?
He had some bizarre French spelling of Wisconsin that he was obsessed with.
- Brewers can't hold down Pirates late 9:08pm
- High School Sports Schedule: Friday, September 19th 6:49am
- High School Sports Scores: Thursday, September 18th 6:28am
- Brewers lose to Cardinals in the 13th 12:11am Sep 18
- High School Sports Schedule: Thursday, September 18th 8:05am
- High School Sports Scores: Wednesday, September 17th 6:00am
Samantha Schroth of Greenville suffered a paralyzing injury in a freak accident while at a cottage in northwestern Minnesota…
posted by Assignment Fox Cities Blog 3 days ago
CLICK HERE to see more info about next year's "Festa Cianciola" PhilCast listener trip. We announced the trip on the…
posted by Philcast 4 days ago